The NC(V) is a Vocational Programme offered at Level 2 to 4 of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and is offered by all public TVET Colleges countrywide. The qualification is intended to directly address the priority skills demand of the modern South African economy. The NC(V) Qualification is designed to provide both theory and practice, thus granting students an opportunity to gain work experience during the period of study. Practical experience may be gained in either a simulated or real workshop environment.
NC(V) PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY MAJUBA TVET COLLEGE:
- Engineering Related Field: Engineering and Related Design (Fitting and Turning or Boilermaking or Motor Mechanics)
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction (Light Current or Heavy Current)
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction (Carpentry and Roof Work or Masonry)
- Primary Agriculture
Business Studies Field:
- Hospitality (Accommodation, Events and Catering Services)
- Office Administration
NC(V) CURRICULUM Each NC(V) Qualification has a total of 7 subjects per NQF Level:
There are three fundamental subjects which are common for all learning fields and are compulsory.
The Fundamental Subjects are:
- Life Orientation;
- English First Additional Language;
- Mathematics OR Mathematical Literacy
There are four vocational subjects which are aimed at preparing students for the world-of-work, within the field of their choice. Of the four vocational subjects, one is an elective subject, which allows the students to specialize in a specific subfield.