Majuba TVET College hereby extends an invitation to our NCV Students who have failed three or more subjects, and are currently not enrolled at the College, to participate in a pilot Academic Support Project.
A Student will be eligible to enrol if he/she:
– Wrote the National Examination and failed three or more subjects;
– Has a valid ISAT mark of 50% or more, achieved in either 2017 or 2018.
– Under extenuating circumstances, students who failed less than three subjects will be accommodated, if they are currently not enrolled at the college.
– Attend a focused Revision Programme, on select Friday Afternoons and Saturdays;
– Write Assessments;
– Complete practical assessment tasks (PATs);
– Build their Portfolio of Evidence (i.e. generate a new ICASS mark for 2019);
– Write the 2019 National Examination, at year-end.
– R650 per Fundamental Subject.
– R750 per Vocational Subject.
Students will be required to pay cash, as they will not be eligible to apply for a NSFAS Bursary:
a) Where a student cannot pay the full fee on enrolment, the student may opt for a payment plan.
b) The payment plan will allow for 2 instalments:
– The first instalment will be 50% of the total fee payable, and must be paid on enrolment.
– The second instalment will be the remaining 50% of the total fee payable, and must be paid by the end of August 2019, before writing the Internal Exam.
– Example: A student enrolling for 2 fundamental subjects will owe the College a total feel of R1,300. R650 will be payable on enrolment in April 2019, and the remaining R650 will be payable by the end of August 2019.
Students are required to:
– Apply for admission in the week of 2-5 April 2019;
– Complete the enrolment process in the period of 2-5 April 2019;
– Enrol at the Campus where they were enrolled in 2017 or 2018.
Note: Class venues will be communicated, after enrolment.
Act Now … Don’t miss this important opportunity to progress in your studies!