Launch of the NCV Academic Support Programme (Pilot Project)
Majuba TVET College hereby extends an invitation to our NCV Students who have failed three or more subjects, and are currently not enrolled at the College, to participate in a pilot Academic Support Project.
A Student will be eligible to enrol if he/she:
– Wrote the National Examination and failed three or more subjects;
– Has a valid ISAT mark of 50% or more, achieved in either 2017 or 2018.
– Under extenuating circumstances, students who failed less than three subjects will be accommodated, if they are currently not enrolled at the college.
– Attend a focused Revision Programme, on select Friday Afternoons and Saturdays;
– Write Assessments;
– Complete practical assessment tasks (PATs);
– Build their Portfolio of Evidence (i.e. generate a new ICASS mark for 2019);
– Write the 2019 National Examination, at year-end.
– R650 per Fundamental Subject.
– R750 per Vocational Subject.
Students will be required to pay cash, as they will not be eligible to apply for a NSFAS Bursary:
a) Where a student cannot pay the full fee on enrolment, the student may opt for a payment plan.
b) The payment plan will allow for 2 instalments:
– The first instalment will be 50% of the total fee payable, and must be paid on enrolment.
– The second instalment will be the remaining 50% of the total fee payable, and must be paid by the end of August 2019, before writing the Internal Exam.
– Example: A student enrolling for 2 fundamental subjects will owe the College a total feel of R1,300. R650 will be payable on enrolment in April 2019, and the remaining R650 will be payable by the end of August 2019.
Students are required to:
– Apply for admission in the week of 2-5 April 2019;
– Complete the enrolment process in the period of 2-5 April 2019;
– Enrol at the Campus where they were enrolled in 2017 or 2018.
Note: Class venues will be communicated, after enrolment.
Act Now … Don’t miss this important opportunity to progress in your studies!