WHAT DUTIES & TASKS DOES AN OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR PERFORM?
- Supervise and coordinate activities of staff;
- Administer salaries and determine leave entitlements;
- Prepare annual estimates of expenditure, maintain budgetary and inventory controls and make recommendations to management;
- Maintain management information systems (manual or computerized);
- Review and answer correspondence; and
- Provide secretarial or executive type of duties.
What skills and abilities must I have to become an Office administrator?
- Able to supervise others;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Aptitude for working with computers; and
- Good planning and organization skills.
Office administrators should be proficient in the use of the following office equipment:
- Filing systems;
- Voice messaging systems;
- Fax machines; and
- Photo copier machines.
Good oral and written communication skills are vital for an Office Manager.